Maritime & Coastguard Agency
Typical Mobilisation Time: on scene anywhere on Arran within 30mins
How Activated: 999
Vehicles: 4×4 Toyota HiLux
- land & maritime search and rescue co-ordination
- fully qualified rope rescue including vertical rescue system
- fully qualified water rescue team including flood, river, beach
- 24hr helicopter operations & landing control, supplying on scene weather, lighting, smoke, comms and back up support for air crew
- bomb disposal, search, locate & co ordinate with police and EOD units for the safe disposal of all maritime ordenance
- polution search, locate & co ordinate all cases of polution on sea or beaches, take samples & notify relevant agencies
- receiver of wreck pass on to gov dept all information on claims by the public
- enforcement policing maritime incidents by the passing down of the authority held by the HMCG enforcocement officer to the local officer on scene, or by taking statements of witnesses wich may be used in court later
- communications use of the extensive VHF system to assist other agencies in carrying out there emergency work
Triage Awareness: Basic awareness.
Casualty Care: 2 stretchers, 1 half spinal board, 1 full spinal board, collars, splints, survival bags, first aid kits.
Other Resources: Generator, lighting (including search light), single & double barrel rope winches, inflatable incident control tent, 4 flood suites, trailers for transport.
Links: MCA Emergency Response